- Students who have completed a BDE course prior to September 29, 2008 will be
issued a BDE certificate by the driving school where they completed their course.
This certificate will be a paper certificate.
- Certificates issued prior to September 29, 2008 must be presented to DriveTest at
the time of the G1 exit test.
- Students who enrolled in a BDE program on or after September 29, 2008 will not be
issued a paper certificate from the driving school. Students who have successfully
completed all components of a BDE course will be certified on-line through the
driving school by which they completed their course.
- The on-line student certification process, once a student has successfully
completed a BDE course, and the driving school has completed the certification
transaction, the student driver record will be updated through the ministry.
Proof of Course Completion – For Insurance Purposes
The statement "BEGINNER DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE COMPLETED" will appear
- Students wanting proof of course completion and have been processed through on-
line certification transactions or a replacement of previously issued paper certificate
by an approved BDE school need to obtain their Driver’s Licence History (DLH).
- The DLH search can only be requested by the driver’s licence holder, as it contains
personal address information. The application must be signed by the applicant.
on the Driver's Licence history form.